Cherryheads

BrianC

Location (City and/or State)
Plymouth County, Massachusetts
Hi, my name is Brian and I just joined the community this week. I have been keeping and breeding Cherryheads for awhile now. I've been meaning to join for awhile but never got around to doing it. I've loved looking at all the pictures of other people's cherries. I live in Massachusetts and the weather gets a bit cold in the winter so they're indoors most of the time. I'd love to know what other breeders give their tortoises in the way of protein intake (how much, how often,what type ). By the way, I think I just posted on a previous thread. Sorry about that Denise. 20150612_095052.jpg 20150612_095020.jpg

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
Welcome from Texas! I have a couple of RF yearlings (one of them is a cherryhead). What do you do for their winter living quarters? Asking that bcs even here in central Texas it gets cold for few weeks in winter. I'm just trying to plant for the future, when the babies reach their adult size. Do you keep yours inside the house? Garage? Shed? Greenhouse? Yours btw are very pretty torts:)

BrianC

Hi, my name is Brian and I just joined the community this week. I have been keeping and breeding Cherryheads for awhile now. I've been meaning to join for awhile but never got around to doing it. I've loved looking at all the pictures of other people's cherries. I live in Massachusetts and the weather gets a bit cold in the winter so they're indoors most of the time. I'd love to know what other breeders give their tortoises in the way of protein intake (how much, how often,what type ). By the way, I think I just posted on a previous thread. Sorry about that Denise. View attachment 178224 View attachment 178225

Hi, my name is Brian and I just joined the community this week. I have been keeping and breeding Cherryheads for awhile now. I've been meaning to join for awhile but never got around to doing it. I've loved looking at all the pictures of other people's cherries. I live in Massachusetts and the weather gets a bit cold in the winter so they're indoors most of the time. I'd love to know what other breeders give their tortoises in the way of protein intake (how much, how often,what type ). By the way, I think I just posted on a previous thread. Sorry about that Denise. View attachment 178224 View attachment 178225

BrianC

Welcome from Texas! I have a couple of RF yearlings (one of them is a cherryhead). What do you do for their winter living quarters? Asking that bcs even here in central Texas it gets cold for few weeks in winter. I'm just trying to plant for the future, when the babies reach their adult size. Do you keep yours inside the house? Garage? Shed? Greenhouse? Yours btw are very pretty torts:)
Hi and thank you. We keep ours in the sun porch during the winter. It gets cold out there but ceramic heaters do the job quite well