Cherryhead

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave13smr

5 Year Member
Getting my first tortoise tomorrow. Its a Cherryhead, looking forward to any helpful advice.

abclements

5 Year Member
I have a cherry thats about 9-10 months old. The biggest most important thing you need to know is the heat and humidity thing. For a hatchling you need to make sure you keep your humidity at 70% +. If you could give us a run down of what your enclosure looks like/what its going to look like, that would be super helpful for giving you advice. Pictures of the enclosure would be even better! But heres a basic run down of what you should have: a light that produces UVB (not one of the coil bulbs), a heat source (a ceramic heat emitter works awesome!), substrate (preferably coco coir or cypress mulch or sphagnum moss, or a combo of the three), a hide or two that can be very humid, a watering bowl that is big enough for your tort to soak himself in, but not too deep (a terra cotta plant saucer works awesome), and a place to put his food (a piece of slate or a flat rock or something like that)... hope this helps!

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
New York
abclements said:
I have a cherry thats about 9-10 months old. The biggest most important thing you need to know is the heat and humidity thing. For a hatchling you need to make sure you keep your humidity at 70% +. If you could give us a run down of what your enclosure looks like/what its going to look like, that would be super helpful for giving you advice. Pictures of the enclosure would be even better! But heres a basic run down of what you should have: a light that produces UVB (not one of the coil bulbs), a heat source (a ceramic heat emitter works awesome!), substrate (preferably coco coir or cypress mulch or sphagnum moss, or a combo of the three), a hide or two that can be very humid, a watering bowl that is big enough for your tort to soak himself in, but not too deep (a terra cotta plant saucer works awesome), and a place to put his food (a piece of slate or a flat rock or something like that)... hope this helps!

+1

Status
Not open for further replies.