Cherry head seems worse today

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonny97

5 Year Member
After changing the lighting and trying other things in his diet, I got him to eat bok choy and lettuce last night but today he's very lazy. He refuses all food and water which is weird cause he always drank. I've tried baby food but he has refused that. I can move him anywhere his terrium and he well just stay there and not move at all. He well just stay there for hours until I move him again it seems he doesn't even have the energy to I back to his normal hiding spot. Can anyone help

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
You may need to get him to a vet. You aren't using any coil bulbs correct? If so get rid of them. Double check temps and humidity. See what others think. Good luck. I truly hope all is well and he just dreads the change of seasons.

Wondering4toolong

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
CT, USA
Take him to the vet, could be stress induced whatever the problem may be. Watch him but don't handle him too much, this can be very frightening for a little guy...this isn't like a puppy or kitten who wants to be handled. I usually set them up in a tote bucket (if using a tank wall off the bottom part so he can't see out) that way they can feel secure. Babies can be tough...people always mention husbandry like temp./humid. but rarely do I see anything about physically handling them. Even though we don't mean to we can frighten (stress) these little guys out just by checking them out and saying how cute they are it frequently happens.

We all know how stressful shipment can be (not all the time, however...) then you add the change of life for this little creature...it takes a little while before the baby will become used to it's new environment and people around! I always say set them up and let them get used to their new home before you handle them too much, I always talk to my guys when I feed them so this is what I start out doing with any new arrival. (I will check on them if they are hiding however I try to refrain from too much handling right away.) They let me know when they are ready :D

jonny97

5 Year Member
Unfortunately there's no vet even close and by that I mean I'd have to get on a plane and fly to you were on an island. This is why I had to get the little guy shipped he's been with us almost a week and didn't seem the best since we got him. He ate yesterday but now he just don't move at all barely opens his eyes and refuses all food I can think of. The coil bulbs are gone using tube lights now and a heat emitter humidy is around 85 and the temp is 85 on one side and 78 on the other but I got an emitter on te other side now to bring the 78 up

Status
Not open for further replies.