CHE

Rafael Moreno

What does it mean and what is it and what do people do with them when they say i use them at night with a thermostat if its a product not a spell please leave links anyways i feel dumb thanks for your time and help a noob out

-Noob

leigti

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
southeast Washington
They do get very hot, they require a ceramic based fixture. They will melt a plastic one. people use them as a heat source, especially at night or if they are using the long fluorescent tubes for UVB instead of Mercury vapor bulbs.

russian/sulcata/tortoise

5 Year Member
Northern California, bay area
Do I Need A Thermostat ? And Do I Setup A Timer For It ? And What Type Of Fixture Would I Use ?
you should always have a thermostat to check if the heat is correct. CHE,s are used a night because torts need to sleep in the dark. i don't use a timer for mine. i just use a normal metal light holder thing.

Rafael Moreno

They do get very hot, they require a ceramic based fixture. They will melt a plastic one. people use them as a heat source, especially at night or if they are using the long fluorescent tubes for UVB instead of Mercury vapor bulbs.
I Aleady Have A 65 Watt Heating Bulb For My Basking Area My Enclosure Just Gets To The MId 60's at night

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
I Aleady Have A 65 Watt Heating Bulb For My Basking Area My Enclosure Just Gets To The MId 60's at night
If you have an adult Russian that would be fine. But if you have a tortoise that requires more humidity or a young baby tortoise then he will need night heat.