CHE what fixture is best?

Chloe2003

I have a 125w CHE and just realized it says only use with wire cage clamp light. Is this correct? I was using a black basic zoo med fixture rated for 125w. I don't want to want to use the wrong thing and it be a hazard. I also have the lamp stand so it hangs from it and I can adjust the height. Please let me know if I need to order the wire cage light because no local stores carry them. Thanks a bunch

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Calif.
As long as it's a ceramic and hot plastic light it should work. Te wire cage ones work good, I've ised both wire cage ones and hoods.

Kyle

sullygirl85

Location (City and/or State)
APG, Maryland
I have mine in a dome light as well. Either way if you think about its going to be a hazard if it falls into the tank. The wire ones are heat conductors and will get hot and if it falls its going to hurt your little one, so by using the dome or the wire one in the tank as it should be done is tanking a risk. Just ensure that its a good reliable brand and that you know its a ceramic fitting and not plastic. Those suckers get hot. Also, I use a 100 Watt, i haven't heard anyone with wattage that high in here yet. I could be wrong, I'm sure Tom will pop on here soon :) Depending on your tank size I would just check :)