mvb light fixture help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rover15

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
ontario canada
so I have looked all over this site looking for an answer but i'm more confused now then when I started

I bought a exo terra solar glo mvb 125w (the black and grey box) and it sticks out of my dome light so im not currently using it.

the instructions say to use a wired cage fixture however I believe I would lose a lot of the heat this way. I would have my light hanging/resting on the wire top(mainly coved in tin foil) I have for my 36Lx18Wx15H glass tank. I have looked at deep domes made by zoo med, flukers, and I have also tired to find some at lowes canada and home depot canada but I have no luck finding any other then the reptile ones here in Canada.

so my question is more or less what type of fixture should I be using I know it needs to be rated for 125watts or higher but should it be a wired cage one or is a dome fine and safe?

also if you live in Canada or know any non-reptile specific ceramic light fixtures I can use plz send the link and or let me know and i'll look into them as well

any and all help welcomed thank you in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.