Ceramic heat emitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Inland Empire, CA
Many different manufaturers make the ceramic heat emitters this is just one for info purpose only.

Product Details - This is for a 100 watt Exo Terra product

pt20461.jpg

Manufacturer
Hagen
Wattage
100 watt (120 Volt US)

Features
• Innovative design, 99% heat efficiency
• Emits a natural "sun-like" infrared heat
• No light emitted, does not disturb normal photo periods (day/night)
• Solid ceramic element, suitable for humid environments

Description
Radiant heat is the most important and natural source for heat regulation in reptiles. The Exo Terra Heat Wave Lamp has a broader sun-like spectrum of infrared radiation than incandescent lighting and emits no visible light.

The Exo Terra Heat Wave Lamp is a radiant heat source and creates a natural sun-like heat with a uniform pattern. The long wave infrared heat produced by this emitter will warm reptiles very efficiently. It also increases the ambient air-temperature in the terrarium. Infrared heat penetrates the scales and skin tissue, promoting health and healing as it widens the blood vessels and increases blood circulation.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I have had better luck with these then the lights...just not this brand. I have a bad time with getting water splashes on the lightbulbs.:rolleyes:

Right now I have mostly the lights/heat bulbs and only four emitters going. Trying different bulbs and combos to see what works best for me and for the different tort/turtle needs. Figure as soon as a really starting liking one of them, the company will stop making them.

Plus I love the emitters for the Homes Hingeback's enclosure because they can get the heat, without the light they tend to shy away from.

With as far as I live from the pet stores, what really ticks me off is how many bad bulbs I end up buying. Get them home, plug them in, and they are no good. With the different sizes and types I use in the different species pens, having one on hand for a spare just fails to work. I would need about 9 types on hand...lol.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Yeh, Tracy I remember that post. So sorry you had such bad results. :( May be a different Manufacturer would be better. I have had good luck with mine so far (fingers crossed).

I just found the 100 watt T-REX UVA-UVB HEAT bulb which Includes 6 Month Mfgr Warranty for $37.99 online with a 9.95 shipping pricetag. (at my local Petco and Pet Emporium they want $89.00 each) I have read up on these and this one seems to give out the most UVB compaired to ZOO-MED POWERSUN BULB or EXO-TERRA SOLAR GLO UVA-UVB BULBS which are way cheaper. I found them at
http://www.reptiledepot.com/mercury.html
Any coments on these bulbs or better prices would be appreciated.

Iluvemturts

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
South Central WI
Now IMO MegaRay ROCKS!- I use MegaRay they have a 100 watt bulb that costs $40.00
plus 20$ to ship (which is why I try to buy several to save on shipping) This may sound pricey but they are good for a year and sometimes a little longer. It has the UVB-UVA and heat in one.

I just bought 4.....maybe if you have other tort friends in your area you can go in on the to save on the shipping.

wayne.bob

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
iowa
for some reason bulbs for reptiles just dont last long.

dreadyA

5 Year Member
southern cal.
Crazy1 said:
Many different manufaturers make the ceramic heat emitters this is just one for info purpose only.

Product Details - This is for a 100 watt Exo Terra product

pt20461.jpg

Manufacturer
Hagen
Wattage
100 watt (120 Volt US)

Features
• Innovative design, 99% heat efficiency
• Emits a natural "sun-like" infrared heat
• No light emitted, does not disturb normal photo periods (day/night)
• Solid ceramic element, suitable for humid environments

Description
Radiant heat is the most important and natural source for heat regulation in reptiles. The Exo Terra Heat Wave Lamp has a broader sun-like spectrum of infrared radiation than incandescent lighting and emits no visible light.

The Exo Terra Heat Wave Lamp is a radiant heat source and creates a natural sun-like heat with a uniform pattern. The long wave infrared heat produced by this emitter will warm reptiles very efficiently. It also increases the ambient air-temperature in the terrarium. Infrared heat penetrates the scales and skin tissue, promoting health and healing as it widens the blood vessels and increases blood circulation.

Thank you crazy1. My house is pretty warm..so ill get it around fall season. I wish he could be outdoors but too many raccoon, skunk and possum like to chill near my home!

DoctorCosmonaut

10 Year Member!
Oregon
They probably don't want them to last long... more money for them... sucks for us lol

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
So, I'm still a novice here. I have the T-Rex 100Watt MVB shining down on Taco's indoor cage during the day, and when she retreats into her hay-sphagnum-peat moss-filled hide for the night, I turn on the Zoo-Med Repti-therm heating pad that is affixed to a glass pane on the outside wall (vertically) of her hide.

When and why does one use the Ceramic Heat Emitters?

katesgoey

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Stephanie Logan said:
So, I'm still a novice here. I have the T-Rex 100Watt MVB shining down on Taco's indoor cage during the day, and when she retreats into her hay-sphagnum-peat moss-filled hide for the night, I turn on the Zoo-Med Repti-therm heating pad that is affixed to a glass pane on the outside wall (vertically) of her hide.

When and why does one use the Ceramic Heat Emitters?

Stephanie,

You might want to replace the heating pad with the Ceramic Heat Emitter (CHE). The CHE provides heat from above and can be kept on all the time (if the temps require it) or can be used whenever you need heat on a certain area.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
I have a wood enclosures inside not a glass type. A heat pad would not work for my enclosures. So I use a CHE. We suggest you not use a heat pad because expecally young torts can get burned however I don't think afixing it to the side would have the same effect of burn that sitting on one would.

Status
Not open for further replies.