Central Valley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dvspns

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
stockton ca
i live in the Central valley of California and looking to get a tortoise. i am looking for a tortoise that can get bigger then a sulcata. So far i seen that these forums are great for help and advice on various issues about the beloved tortoises. just looking for the same help

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello and welcome. There are only two species that get bigger than a sulcata. Both are very tropical and will need an extensive, large and expensive set up to get through your Stockton winters. Are you ready for that? Both species are also pretty rare, expensive to buy, and somewhat difficult to come by.

If you haven the money to spend, and are aware of what is really needed, then I say rock on! Show us pics of your awesome finished enclosures and tortoise.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

The only tortoises that get bigger than a sulcata are the Aldabran and Galapagos tortoises.

There are some types of sulcata that get bigger than others. If you can find someone who sells the Sudan sulcatas, they get pretty big. We have a thread about them with pictures here:

http://www.tortoiseforum.org/thread-36412.html#axzz286J9Sa3f

Dvspns

5 Year Member
stockton ca
Tom said:
Hello and welcome. There are only two species that get bigger than a sulcata. Both are very tropical and will need an extensive, large and expensive set up to get through your Stockton winters. Are you ready for that? Both species are also pretty rare, expensive to buy, and somewhat difficult to come by.

If you haven the money to spend, and are aware of what is really needed, then I say rock on! Show us pics of your awesome finished enclosures and tortoise.

Thanks Tom big heads up. We are planning on doing renovations to our back yard and thought what better to build a yard best suited for our tortoise. I came to this site to get information about are soon to be adventure and want to be prepared as best as possible

Thanks again

Dvspns

5 Year Member
stockton ca
Thanks again to everyone for the welcome. I will post pics of before and after and updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.