Castle Hide (DIY Project)

Status
Not open for further replies.

alysciaingram

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
Hey guys, I made this for Bowser and Koopa the other day and thought I'd share it. I figured they needed a castle in order to rule the Mushroom Kingdom. Nothing fancy, only rocks, textured spray paint, spare wood, and an old statue from my step son's play set (I think we bought from Michaels) all hot glued with construction grade glue. It cost me all in all about $15 with a coupon, and that was for the spray paint since I had all the other materials already. It would probably have been around $60 to purchase all the materials had I not had them lying around doing nothing. Anywho, I hope you guys enjoy. After it drys and the fumes air out it will be added to the enclosure outside as another hide option. :)

image_1.jpegimage_2.jpegimage_5.jpegimage_7.jpegimage_8.jpegimage_9.jpegimage_11.jpegimage_10.jpegimage_12.jpegimage_13.jpegimage_14.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

laney

5 Year Member
Aberdeen, Scotland
Haha love it, my Yoshi would love to come to your supermario land hehe.
Great job though, looks really professional :)

Brewster320

5 Year Member
Massachusetts, USA
Thats awesome! My brother build his uromastyx lizard a mountain fortress and used the textured spray paint. Its great stuff. Your castle looks awesome though

ScottishFish

5 Year Member
Scotland
Great idea!

'Or like the snow falls in the river,
A moment white, then melts forever'
~Robert Burns - Tam O' Shanter

0.0.1 Testudo hermanni boettgeri

alysciaingram

5 Year Member
Florida
Thanks guys! I really appreciate it. I didn't expect it to turn out so well. The spray paint really finished the look I was going for though.

Status
Not open for further replies.