Carl's baby pool

Status
Not open for further replies.

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Middle of nowhere
Finally got around to putting the finishing touches on Carl's baby pool (I know, ghetto enclosure, but it works, and it's temporary :D )

I added a few plants, made the gardenin soil a few inches deeper, and topped it off with some cypress mulch. Now all I have to do is drill some holes on the bottom for drainage, but I'm not too worried about that since it hasn't rained in 3 weeks, there is a roof over the dog kennel it's in, and Carl's never outside when I'm not home anyways.

Here it is! Input and suggestions are welcome and appreciated ;)

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

Oh, that last picture is of Carl, pretending he wasn't eating. For some reason, when he's outside, he doesn't like to eat when he knows I'm watching :)

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Looks good to me too. Nothing wrong with functional.

Edna

5 Year Member
Rawlins, Wyoming
It looks like a great place for a littly guy!
When my first Hermann's was little, I gave him a piece of cottonwood bark about 6x6", propped up just a little on some small rocks, just an inch or so between it and the substrate. Once he discovered the bark he never hid or dug in any other part of the enclosure. Now in the outdoor they have a big piece of bark, maybe 2 square feet total, and most of the time all the Hermann's are under it, in the soft sand.

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
Edna said:
It looks like a great place for a littly guy!
When my first Hermann's was little, I gave him a piece of cottonwood bark about 6x6", propped up just a little on some small rocks, just an inch or so between it and the substrate. Once he discovered the bark he never hid or dug in any other part of the enclosure. Now in the outdoor they have a big piece of bark, maybe 2 square feet total, and most of the time all the Hermann's are under it, in the soft sand.

Hmm, I have a little piece of driftwood in the indoor enclosure that I'm sure he isn't even aware exists with how little time he spends near it, maybe I'll move it outside and see how he likes it then :)

Thanks everyone! It isn't much, but it's home :) Hopefully I won't even be living here by the time he outgrows the baby pool, but if I am, I may be able to talk my mother into letting me turn the whole back half of the dog kennel into a tortoise enclosure *evil grin*

chester tortoiseson

5 Year Member
I have a baby pool to, and what works great for me is planting seed mixes from the Carolina pet supply. Parents just don't understand a tortoise's needs!

Status
Not open for further replies.