Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
San Jose CA
I like this pancake with egg.

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
I have four colonies, all the eggs came from one colony, I hope that male has 'live rounds', you know. Others are digging now. I am a bit disappointed with myself, I am missing some element to their needs, It seems they should all be laying two to four a year, at least that was the production when I was at the zoo.

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
Hope they all grow up to be like there strong mother! But didn't you promise pancakes? We're all hungry now.... Can we protest?

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Three of four colonies now laying. Colony three with three females has contributed 6 eggs to the incubator this year, at least three are developing. Colony one and two have each donated an egg to the incubator, colony four still no eggs. They are all 1.3 groups. At least I know male from colony three has live rounds, or at least those females had retained fertile ova. Hope to see some hatchlings in the next few months.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
This is good news, William. My fingers are crossed for you!

474158gy04azrh2x.gif

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
An easy fix for increasing male production is to increase the male:female ratio. This creates a dominant male, with a stronger reproduction drive. Studies performed in trailer parks confirm this data...

Last edited by a moderator:

Jabuticaba

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, MB
An easy fix for increasing male production is to increase the male:female ratio. This creates a dominant male, with a stronger reproduction drive. Studies performed in trailer parks conform this data...

PMSL!

May
IG: @AUSSOMEAUSSIES

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
An easy fix for increasing male production is to increase the male:female ratio. This creates a dominant male, with a stronger reproduction drive. Studies performed in trailer parks confirm this data...
So Ken, does that mean of your three pancake, two are male, and one highly productive female?

sissyofone

10 Year Member!
San Antonio, Texas

Omg Ken, I spit milk when I read that. Lmbo I just laughed out loud hysterically.