Male or female [or shemale]

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mattgrizzlybear

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
NE Ohio
All the things I have read mean That he is a shemale. He has short claws, a short fatter tail, he is around 4 3/4" and I cant find his butt. I already know my southern painted is a boy but now I want to know about squirt [the mississippi map].

image-2389875175.png

Here

image-1509655509.png

turtleluv88

5 Year Member
Could we see a picture of the front claws and the "butt" is seen when you turn the turtle upside down and it's the slit across the tail. It would be nice to see a pic of that too. Also how old is your turtle?

mattgrizzlybear

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
Ok well I am not 100 percent sure because my aunt and uncle got him when they were in Florida . I have had him since last may. I will try to get more pics soon!

yuki851015

5 Year Member
Hi I wanna to get a Mississippi map too but they said that map turtle is illegal in NYC. How can I get it!!!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Looks male to me. Not all species of water turtle have males with long front claws.

turtleluv88

5 Year Member
It's tough to say with those pictures, but it could be a male. Try looking up some pics on google images of males, they seem to have a really long and fat tale.

mattgrizzlybear

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
yuki851015 said:
Hi I wanna to get a Mississippi map too but they said that map turtle is illegal in NYC. How can I get it!!!

Order it offline. It is illegal to get one in ohio under 4 inches unless you buy it out of state where it is not illegal

Well I looked at some pics of the tail and his [hers] isnt that long or fat. I will assume she is a she. Maybe someone else will be able to tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.