Can my Cherry Head and Yellowfoot babies live in the same enclosure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrewsLife727

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego, CA
Can my cherry head and yellowfoot babies live in the same enclosure? They dont fight or anything and they are very laid back in general. they eat and are active. Any tips?

Eweezyfosheezy

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
I think its perfectly fine to keep reds and yellows together, I would just be worried about keeping them as a pair.

DrewsLife727

10 Year Member!
San Diego, CA
Eweezyfosheezy said:
I think its perfectly fine to keep reds and yellows together, I would just be worried about keeping them as a pair.

i do know that issue. you know i do haha well theyll be together for now until I decide to get another red foot in the future but not now.

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
New York
I'm not a fan of this. The reasons have been spelled out previously. Redfoots and yellowfoots may share similar habitat requirements and environmental parameters, so that's the only argument that can be removed from all the others (novel interspecies pathogen/parasite exchange, slight dietary differences, differences in aggression/behavior, etc.) There's many threads on here concerning this and I'm pretty sure someone else posted about a YF & RF housed together recently. Dig around and see what comes up.

Status
Not open for further replies.