Question about redfoot/yellowfoot tortoises

Tortoise Guy

I was thinking about buying a redfoot tortoise, but also wanted a yellowfoot tortoise. I am not mistaken to say that they have the same requirements and can be housed together, correct? Or am I wrong? Does this include a cherry head redfoot living with a yellowfoot tortoise?
Thanks

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Most replies you will receive will be not to mix any of the 3. I think it comes down to what your intensions are, such as pets- breeders, the source they came from , sex and size ratio of your group. As far as requirements they are pretty much the same , although years down the line your YF will be much , much larger than any of your RF's. ( and can get very big) although I don't own any YF's any more, in my own herds I personally keep the Cherryheads separate from the Redfoots in adult stages. The hatchlings all mingle together in one big nursery until they find new homes.

crimson_lotus

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Massachusetts
For care I believe yellows are more sensitive to light, humidity, and temp, or so I've read, and I think they get more protein in their diet as well.

Kelly71

Location (City and/or State)
london ontario canada
Hi,
I dont know if this will help or not I just keep my little YF like RF? And I also go by what he likes? lol
You can tell? I know my guy does not like his substrate to wet? lol He lonly likes to
bask on one kind of rock? lol If I change the rock he knows somehow? lol They are all
different just like people. lol