Can I vent!!!????Reposted ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Earth
I missed the part where they did anything wrong?

And I would bet that nontoxic finger paints for small children would be absolutely fine on a shell.

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
See this is why I re posted this ad, If anything else, I get to hear what other owners of torts think.Pinkspore and jaizei, yup I can see how folks may want to 'jazz ' up a boring pet, gee how may of us have dressed up a dog. Yup. I'll admit to that, had a little shih-tzu, bought him a set of black chaps and a little visor to wear. But I also agree with Wellington and Steve-McQueen, it irks me alot. I believe to me, it was the text of their ad and how I took it as such a non caring attitude. oh well, so what.
Thanks for posting your views, it helps me to just let it go. Doubt very much there will be any response, and to that I will say it goes with my original view, someone who really cared would at least respond with a 'gee thanks I had no idea' Just my views.
Nay

AustinASU

5 Year Member
Pensacola, FL
Based on the post on craiglist, one can only assume that this person is a victim of chewing on lead based paint toys as a kid :D

Tropical Torts

10 Year Member!
Northwest FL
AustinASU said:
Based on the post on craiglist, one can only assume that this person is a victim of chewing on lead based paint toys as a kid :D

I couldn't have said it better myself.

robopeen

5 Year Member
SF Bay Area
I hope it's a joke. They did sign out with "Peace and love!" so maybe? Tbh I don't think it's cruel but I do think it's kind of weird to paint/dye a pet.

For me I always ask myself "Would the animal want this?" before making decisions like that. Some washable fingerprint probably wouldn't hurt, but it's awkward and I'm sure it would embarrass the tortoise if it knew what was going on. They're an animal, not an accessory.

adamlikesbananas

5 Year Member
Its sad that people just buy turtles and tortoises without knowing anything about them....

Jd3

5 Year Member
adamlikesbananas said:
Its sad that people just buy turtles and tortoises without knowing anything about them....

People can have kids, buy guns, dogs, booze, cars, homes, and many other things without knowing a thing about them too. This isn't a crisis unique to turtles or pets.

adamlikesbananas

5 Year Member
Jd3 said:
adamlikesbananas said:

People can have kids, buy guns, dogs, booze, cars, homes, and many other things without knowing a thing about them too. This isn't a crisis unique to turtles or pets.

Agreed!

robopeen

5 Year Member
SF Bay Area
Jd3 said:
adamlikesbananas said:

Sad and very true.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Just to add my two cents: here's why I think any paint job is dangerous. I rescued a sulcata that was severely abused. When I received him, he weight 4 oz; yet, he was THREE years old!. Someone painted a cranberry colored nail polish on one of his top scutes. Every time the other torts see him, they immediately looked at the redish color and thought it was a fruit, and they try to nip at him. He had been so traumatized that the only way he would feel safe is to be completely alone. Btw, he had three siblings that would go after him for the same reason. Whoever painted that on his scute was either evil (got kicks out of seeing this little fella scurry for his life) or was so ignorant that they didn't care to see what was happening.

So, if you ask me about paint jobs on torts, all of it is dangerous and totally unnatural.

Maddzz91

5 Year Member
How did you get the nail polish off? My marginated hatchling has a blue bit on his back that's bugging me as its not natural and I don't like it. Many thanks x

Status
Not open for further replies.