Can I vent!!!????Reposted ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nay

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Belchertown Ma
No I really don't think so, but there is no way I am contacting this idiot!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I have no patience for this sort of thing.

Minority1

5 Year Member
you can always try to convert them into forum members so there would be less of these crazy ideas popping up.

KTyne

5 Year Member
Chilliwack, BC
I don't see what the issue of painting a Tortoises shell is as long as it's not toxic or harmful to them in any way. :|

contessa20

5 Year Member
The other day I saw a picture of one that had all sorts of gems and other "bling" glued onto it. I was pretty disgusted.

theelectraco

5 Year Member
AndreaRosie said:
I don't understand what that ad is wanting.

They want to know what type of paint is safe to paint their tortoises shell, which is none.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Painting over the growth lines with a product that is likely toxic in its uncured state, is a totally different thing than changing a dogs hair color with non toxic dye.

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
I'm sorry, but these are the kind of people who go to the pet store, buy their kid a 'pet' play with it awhile, then post it on CL cause the novelty is over. That crack 'tortus' what's the difference lol'' says it all to me, ignorance and don't care or maybe I am just so sick of the crap animals take. Kudos for you SPN785 for taking the time. I just was so pissed when I saw it, I posted it here to vent.
Let us know if you get anywhere, and if so I will publically apologise (here) for being so hateful.
nay

Arnold_rules

5 Year Member
Gilbert, AZ
Seems to me the CL poster missed an opportunity, they could have stapled little ears to the top of their "tortus" head for Easter, very festive. Then to get in the Christmas spirit, staple antlers to the top of their little head.

My CDT is giving me the evil eye for even joking about this matter.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I sent a reply. Not quite as nice as I usually try to do. Hopefully she/he will feel like an idiot and get educated. These kind of people, well, I can't say what I would do, just let me say its not nice

mctlong

5 Year Member
SF Valley, SoCal
wellington said:
I sent a reply. Not quite as nice as I usually try to do. Hopefully she/he will feel like an idiot and get educated. These kind of people, well, I can't say what I would do, just let me say its not nice

I did too. I tried to keep it cordial and brief and just explained that a totoise's shell is porous and any paint could potentially be harmful. He hasnt responded. I suspect he's just a troll trying to get a rise out of people.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
mctlong said:
wellington said:

I did too. I tried to keep it cordial and brief and just explained that a totoise's shell is porous and any paint could potentially be harmful. He hasnt responded. I suspect he's just a troll trying to get a rise out of people.

I usually am cordial too. This one just got me. Couldn't help myself. Well, I did a little, I didn't say what I really wanted too. I did want them to read what I wrote, and did try to educate them. However, those kind of people just really burns me. I haven't heard back either. Hopefully they will listen to what we said.

pinkspore

5 Year Member
Santa Barbara, CA
I kind of got the idea they were looking for something washable and temporary, like finger paints. With that in mind it didn"'t seem like such a horrific request. On the other hand, I've also dyed my dog pink so take my opinion with that in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.