Can Hermann's eat "round leaf lettuce"?

CaptainMidnight

Location (City and/or State)
Edinburgh
All my nearby shops right now are not stocking very much veg right now, all I've been able to find is something called "round leaf lettuce". I don't even know if the type of lettuce if "round leaf" or if thats just a name. Its pretty much all I have right now but since I don't know if its actually good I'm not sure if I should feed it to her or not. Does anyone know? Thanks.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
All my nearby shops right now are not stocking very much veg right now, all I've been able to find is something called "round leaf lettuce". I don't even know if the type of lettuce if "round leaf" or if thats just a name. Its pretty much all I have right now but since I don't know if its actually good I'm not sure if I should feed it to her or not. Does anyone know? Thanks.
Lettuce of any kind is fine, but it lacks fiber, calcium, and doesn't meet the nutritional needs of tortoises. You have to add something to it to make it more complete.

All of that and more is explained here:

RosemaryDW

5 Year Member
Newport Coast, CA
It’s just a name, it’s fine to feed.

Tom‘s list is tilted to new world plants; you might take a look at the Tortoise Table which is U.K. specific. If you stop right on the home page they’ve got pictures of safe foods that may grow near you, including cultivated plants: https://www.thetortoisetable.org.uk/,