Can anyone guess my tortoise's age?

Squirt16

Location (City and/or State)
London
I need help ageing my tortoise, I have only just found out he is in fact a completely different species as to what I thought he was! I am also doubting his age now due to the breeder telling me he was a Hermanns when he is in fact a Horsefield! He weighs around 80 grams and is 6.7 cm.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
To answer your new question, it is impossible to tell the age of a tortoise unless you know the hatch date.
They grow at very variable speeds.
This looks a quite young Russian to me, but i wouldn't like to guess the age.

Squirt16

London
To answer your new question, it is impossible to tell the age of a tortoise unless you know the hatch date.
They grow at very variable speeds.
This looks a quite young Russian to me, but i wouldn't like to guess the age.
Thank you very much, yes I believe he is young too judging from how small he is

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California
Well that's what I read I believe he is in good range though judging from Jackson ratio :)
I believe that as long as you only offer foods that are good for them, they can't overeat. They are grazing animals so they are supposed to eat all the time. Charlie has access to food all the time. He also gets plenty of exercise, which is important. Part of grazing is eating a little bit in one place, then walking across the yard to eat a little bit in another place, and then walking somewhere else for another bite, etc. He gets as much as he wants and moves around quite a bit too.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I would guess his age to be about a year. He's very young.