Can any one help me to find out how my tortoise died?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Romel

5 Year Member
[align=justify]HI
I’m petting one pair Indian star tortoise since last 3 years, And I love theme so much However, last week one had died. I can’t understand what will it happen. He seems well in morning but in the after noon I find him dead. After death I see his Throat Expanded with blue color and some blood found on his tail and mouth. I’m so upset. Please any body help me to find out how he died?
I’ll be so great full to you.
Thanks
[/size][/font]

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
So sorry to hear this for you. Can you give some more info? Size of them, diet, substrate, temps. Has there been any signs of anything going on, like bullying? Were they eating and drinking? Do you soak them? How is the other one acting now?
All answeres will only be guesses. Only a necropsy can truly give you the answer your looking for. However, with more info, you might get some good guesses.
Again, I am so sorry:(

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I'm afraid only a reptile veterinarian could give you answers. It sounds like internal bleeding to me, but that is only a guess. I can't even guess as to the cause. So sorry for your loss.

deadheadvet

10 Year Member!
Cary, NC
Unfortunately the history is too vague, In the future (hopefully not) The tortoise needs to be refrigerated immediately then taken to the vet to get samples to find out cause of death in the event it is something contagious for any other animals in the collection. Since we keep these animals very warm, autolysis will set in very quickly making tissue damage difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.