Calcium supplement and fresh greens?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lauren43201

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Crown Point, Indiana
So i've mainly been feeding my tort spring mix and romaine, with the casual dandelion here and there(Which he LOVES), but i was wanting to do more and grow some real plants for him. At walmart and target they have seeds, but im not sure whats safe for him to eat and whats not, i've read lists but most are weeds and not actual plants people like to grow, such as mizuna and summer mix lettuce. What are good?

Also, with calcium powder with d3, i read it's easy to overdose your tort on, it really doesn't say how much to put on his food, but to SPRINKLE it, and what would you consider a sprinkle? Lol.

Zergy

5 Year Member
Valrico, FL
I don't have a Russian so I don't know which plants are best for them. Are they do better on grasses or greens?

My red foot does well on greens, flowers, fruits, etc. Not so much grasses. So the seeds packets I bought were collard greens, musclun mix, curly endive/chicory, and viola. You can find those at Walmart.

Some seeds I ordered off Ebay, such as plantain (weed), dandelion, lamb's lettuce, chia, and rose of sharon (hibiscus).

Maybe someone will pipe in on what plants you can grow that are good for Russians.

cljohnson

5 Year Member
Here is a good link that may solve your problem.
If you go to the plant database and then plant categories you will find many common house plants or weeds that are good food or safe cover for your enclosure.

cljohnson said:
Here is a good link that may solve your problem.
If you go to the plant database and then plant categories you will find many common house plants or weeds that are good food or safe cover for your enclosure.

[IMG]http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/n513/cljohnson555/3f240fee.jpg[/IMG]

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
i would feed more dandilion and only occaisional romaine..
seeds... you can plant, pansies, nastursium, lettuce mixes, grape vine, roses, clover, squash, .....

if your tort gets outside in the sun.. dont use d3..

Status
Not open for further replies.