Cactus recall--for reference.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SoCal
NEVER buy cactus from markets! In addition to the pesticides...they're alos soaked in a boric acid type of solution...and there's always leftover liquid in the pad itself...not so good for your tort...not even good for human really. Best bet? Spend a little money and but from the reputable growers on ebay.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
DeanS said:
NEVER buy cactus from markets! In addition to the pesticides...they're alos soaked in a boric acid type of solution...and there's always leftover liquid in the pad itself...not so good for your tort...not even good for human really. Best bet? Spend a little money and but from the reputable growers on ebay.

... and grow your own!

It does fine in pots indoors too.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Tom said:
DeanS said:

... and grow your own!

It does fine in pots indoors too.

Absolutely! ;)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Thanks for the info DeanS, never new that. I am trying to grow my own, not the easiest in the winter time with little to no sun.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
yeah, I do not purchase from the grocery store for any of the greens or tort food (get the organics from the organics store)...but I do know that some folks do, so just thought I would post for reference...thanks all for the fantastic input ...

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
wellington said:
Thanks for the info DeanS, never new that. I am trying to grow my own, not the easiest in the winter time with little to no sun.

You should do ok growing succulents...if you have space for a greenhouse.:D If memory serves...and I know it does...Yvonne has an extensive succulent garden...that she greenhouses during the winter