Built a Tortoise table out of quarantine boredom.

samsooka

Location (City and/or State)
Jersey City, NJ
Hi Everyone,

I’ve been lurking around this forum for a little bit now, and glad that I found this forum! Over this past weekend my friend and I built a tortoise table / media set up to replace my tortoises old enclosure (cement mixer lol). Don’t mind the uvb bulb sticking out of the clamp on, I am waiting for a a mercury vapor bulb to come in.

Attachments

• A4622ADC-1CD9-47C0-B486-762A521A0C40.jpeg
    A4622ADC-1CD9-47C0-B486-762A521A0C40.jpeg
    253.3 KB · Views: 115
  • CDA2B807-6242-42B3-B559-213CA8BB564C.jpeg
    CDA2B807-6242-42B3-B559-213CA8BB564C.jpeg
    423.1 KB · Views: 121
  • BBE1F367-FF93-4B22-8B08-1ECC517752BB.jpeg
    BBE1F367-FF93-4B22-8B08-1ECC517752BB.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 116
  • F8552234-4B3E-402C-8865-82D29641120F.jpeg
    F8552234-4B3E-402C-8865-82D29641120F.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 112
  • A042C1C8-2754-4BC1-B5AE-BFA1477DE240.jpeg
    A042C1C8-2754-4BC1-B5AE-BFA1477DE240.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 100

iAmCentrochelys sulcata

Alief
Good job man! i me suggestion get rid of the Fake plants! that enclosure looks great some real ones would be great and look WAYY better and the log with the rock as well get some real logs they’ll make it look Wayy better keep humidity high in there too

very nice Enclosure
btw what’s up with those Hats and sprays?

samsooka

Jersey City, NJ
Good job man! i me suggestion get rid of the Fake plants! that enclosure looks great some real ones would be great and look WAYY better and the log with the rock as well get some real logs they’ll make it look Wayy better keep humidity high in there too

very nice Enclosure!

thank you! I have a few plants coming in, and I want to wait until all of this chaos is over so I can go to an aquarium store to find some nice driftwood.
Also, I usually spray it down in the morning, and spray the moss under his hide. Should I be spraying it more often?

Crush da Baum

Brooksville
thank you! I have a few plants coming in, and I want to wait until all of this chaos is over so I can go to an aquarium store to find some nice driftwood.
Also, I usually spray it down in the morning, and spray the moss under his hide. Should I be spraying it more often?
Wow that is beautiful! He has plenty of space to explore great job!

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
One thing that would bother me.. the light would distract me from watching the game.. wait there are no games ?

L

LasTortugasNinja

Wow. I built my enclosure this weekend too... must be something in the air besides covid19.

samsooka

Jersey City, NJ
One thing that would bother me.. the light would distract me from watching the game.. wait there are no games ?

Hah! The light doesn’t bother me much, being that I don’t get home from work until after his lights are off..wait I don’t have work ?.

Crush Da Baum Thank you!

LasTartugasNinja that’s awesome and, yes boredom is in the air

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Yes there are? Lots of games from the 90's, the 2000's, and even a few from just a few years ago!

iAmCentrochelys sulcata

Alief
you should get some squash seeds and cat grass and plant it. also don’t use Moss they could eat it
just put a bucket of water on the hide and everywhere else. in my experience Hermmans are less likely to start pyraminding. try spraying the shell at least 2 times a day and soak everyday for 15-25 minutes.

samsooka

Jersey City, NJ
you should get some squash seeds and cat grass and plant it. also don’t use Moss they could eat it
just put a bucket of water on the hide and everywhere else. in my experience Hermmans are less likely to start pyraminding. try spraying the shell at least 2 times a day and soak everyday for 15-25 minutes.

I’ve been soaking him everyday since I got him (January) and I spray down the area everyday as mentioned and every week in a half or so I’ll pour water if I feel the substrate under is dry. Sorry I also didn’t mean real moss, but sphagnum. Is cat grass the same and wheat grass? I have some wheat grass seeds that I was going to plant. Thank you again

iAmCentrochelys sulcata

Alief
I’ve been soaking him everyday since I got him (January) and I spray down the area everyday as mentioned and every week in a half or so I’ll pour water if I feel the substrate under is dry. Sorry I also didn’t mean real moss, but sphagnum. Is cat grass the same and wheat grass? I have some wheat grass seeds that I was going to plant. Thank you again
i believe they are im not really sure, but they are both safe cat and wheatgrass. you should also replace the UVB but i guess you know already right?