Building my dream enclosure!

Crush da Baum

Location (City and/or State)
Brooksville
I have had my Russians for a year now. When I first got them I did not really know what I was doing and I kept them in a smaller enclosure and fed them kale and romaine. Then I found this forum and I found out I was doing it all wrong so I have been working on building a better life for them. I started with upping their diet, now they get 24 different broadleaf weeds I am growing, mulberry leaves, Mazuri, the spider plants in their enclosure, the polka-dotted plants in their enclosure, rose petals on occasion, extra bits of lettuce (romaine, collards, escarole, endive, kale) every once in a while, and their calcium supplements. By the end of this month, they will have spineless prickly pear cacti, and hibiscus plants, and flowers. Next, I built a bigger indoor enclosure. Now for the final step I am building a large outdoor enclosure. I already bought all the wood, and wire for it. It will be 32 by 10 feet. I started by clearing out an area, tilling up the ground and now I am planting 5 spider plants, a polka-dotted plant, a ton of that testudo broadleaf mix from tortoise supply, and maybe some hibiscus if I can get my hands on some. I live in Florida so they will get lots of sun, and humidity here stays at around 80 to 90%. I am so excited and thank you everyone for educating me and helping me give my awesome little torts the best life. I will post some pictures this weekend when it is all finished.

Reactions: Ink

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Great can't wait to see pics of your enclosure and your torts of course!

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas
How many tortoises do you have? If you have a pair, they need to be housed separately.