Bug bomb

Status
Not open for further replies.

alex_ornelas

Location (City and/or State)
newark ca
So my mom wants to bug bomb the the bedrooms in my house. If i seal off my torts enclosure and keep the door and windows open how long will it take to clear out and put in back to b safe? Or is there something like it that is organic and wont hurt him? I just got him a she so in the mean time i would plan to put him in there

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
You need to remove the entire enclosure and all the equipment and house the tortoise somewhere else for a few days. Friend, neighbor, relative...

I would not want to be in that room after that. Isn't there some other way?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I agree, find another way. This is one thing that should not be done with certain animals/reptiles, etc in the house.

alex_ornelas

newark ca
I agree that its not safe at all for my ollie but his enclosure is too bug to mover completely out of the room. I have place to put him I'm the mean time. He would not b in the room while its being done. But if there is a different alternative i would love to know because i haven't heard of any other way

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
What bugs are you having a problem with? We can offer alternatives. Those bug bombs are toxic to every living thing in the room, including YOU, but the bugs you are trying to kill, often find a way to escape the spray.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
See if you can get a pix of your "bugs" since that would really help with positive ID and would help come up with best eradication program. Just bug bombing your room might not eliminate the source of the infestation.

alex_ornelas

newark ca
All i have to prove they r spiders are the bite i got on my arm that are warm to the touch. But i will try to keep look out and catch one a picture. I have also seen i think they where tannish colored and super tiny. I didn't have my glasses on so ya.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
That is a daddy long legs/daddy long legs spider...they don't bite humans....

http://spiders.ucr.edu/daddylonglegs.html

I would wonder what the actual source of the bite is from...could be a million things...perhaps even bitten while outside of the house but not noticed until some time passed?

Bombing the house is very dangerous for your health/the torts health and anything else in the area that would like to not be poisoned....

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I think I read someplace that daddy long legs spiders don't have mouth parts. So your bite didn't come from him. Just vacuum them up and eventually you won't have them in the house anymore.

The toxic chemicals from a bug bomb are inserted into every crack and crevice in the room. If you leave the empty habitat in there, covered or not, it is going to get chemicals into the substrate. If you can't remove the habitat, then don't bomb the room or you're going to kill your tortoise.

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
When some of the cats got adopted they had fleas. And we didn't know. That was soooooooo much fun. Anyway, the basement had to get bombed, and that's where all the turtles live, (or used too) they got a 2 day vacation outside while it aired out... they were thrilled :D I wouldn't trust just covering him up, just in case...

Status
Not open for further replies.