Bubba

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana, USA
Omgoodness!! Isn't that so cool Moozillion?! I thought that was a very awesome surprise [emoji3526] cannot wait to watch him grow and be able to show you guys as he grows [emoji3526]
It really is. I've been on this forum since 2012, and i don't remember anyone successfully rescuing AND HATCHING a Blandings ever before! You've done WELL!!!!! :)

Turtle girl 98

Sandstone mn
It really is. I've been on this forum since 2012, and i don't remember anyone successfully rescuing AND HATCHING a Blandings ever before! You've done WELL!!!!! :)
Omg that is so so cool! I think that is just so amazing that I wound up with a blandings turtle [emoji2] thank you Moozillion! Bubba is certainly my special guy [emoji3590] I couldn't have done anything without the help of everyone here

Ben02

Brighton, Southcoast, UK
Hello all, bubba is doing fantastic. He is eating good and pooping good. I do have a question though, he keeps flipping on his back still but I notice when he does he spreads his legs out and his head and doesn't try to get up until he is ready. If I flip him over he goes right back up to his basking spot and flips onto his back. Is he sunbathing his belly or is something wrong? I'm clueless. He seems like he is sunbathing he gets right back onto his feet and does what he does. He is growing very fast already. If anybody has any thoughts I would love to hear.
That name reminds me of Bubba from Forest Gump lol

Lrodmyre

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lindstrom, MN
Turtle tank.jpg You definitely need more water for a Blandings. You also need a basking spot of about 90 degrees. You need a uvb for it. If you can, put some plastics plant pieces floating on top of the water for hiding and resting. Baby turtles hide most of the time. A water heater would be helpful. I keep my water at 79 degrees. Then you can let the lights all go out at night. They sleep in the water, so it will be warm enough.

Hope this helps.

I hate to be the bearer of maybe bad news, but Blandings are on the threatened list in MN. I would be very curious what the DNR had to say when you spoke to them. I wanted to buy one from a breeder, and they wouldn't even let me buy one. If a reptile is on the threatened or endangered list in MN, you cannot own or possess one, not even a purchased one. I guess if you are going to keep it, I wouldn't tell too many people about it.

Here is a picture of my 40 gallon that I keep babies in. This may give you some ideas. You want enough water in there so if they do flip over, they can right themselves. Make sure there are no spots where it can get wedged in or stuck without getting a breath of air. The picture isn't that great, but there are 2 basking spots, the right one is a fake log and the left one is a floating turtle dock.