Brrrrr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

remitort071312

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio
Hey everyone since winter is around the corner and I won't be able to take Remi out side as much, can any of you recommend a good vitamin D supplement to get her through the winter months?

image-2083626699.png

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
There is evidence to suggest that dietary D3, is not usable for at least some species of reptiles. The species in the study I saw were green iguanas.

In my opinion the best option is a mercury vapor bulb for winter and lots of sunshine during the warmer months.

jpmcclure

5 Year Member
Modesto (Northern) California
Omg. Remi looks so cute all wrapped up. That'd be a great pic idea for an Oct/Nov tortoise calendar. If my family loved Thor as much as I do, I'd make a calendar with props for each month for all of them. Maybe I'll make one for myself. Hmmm? Thanks Remi. :)

remitort071312

5 Year Member
Ohio
Tom said:
There is evidence to suggest that dietary D3, is not usable for at least some species of reptiles. The species in the study I saw were green iguanas.

In my opinion the best option is a mercury vapor bulb for winter and lots of sunshine during the warmer months.

Thanks Tom that is the kind of bulb I have 100w

jpmcclure said:
Omg. Remi looks so cute all wrapped up. That'd be a great pic idea for an Oct/Nov tortoise calendar. If my family loved Thor as much as I do, I'd make a calendar with props for each month for all of them. Maybe I'll make one for myself. Hmmm? Thanks Remi. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.