Broken shell :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiffanyluvstorts

5 Year Member
I am so sorry to hear about your baby! I can't imagine how your daughter feels. I have a 5 year old and he would be very upset as well!! I will pray for your family. Again, I am truly sorry, I can see how easily an accident like this could happen. :(

My babies 4 humans, 4 doggies, 2 Russians, 1 leopard gecko, 1 tarantula and a hermit crab. [SMILING FACE WITH HEART-SHAPED EYES]

samsmom

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
CedarCreekLake, Texas
i'm so sorry to hear this news, tell your daughter that an accident means you did not mean for something to happen and that even moms & dads have accidents, thoughts and prayers for your family

Johnlaws

5 Year Member
She knows it was an accident. Things happen. Kids minds change quickly, she will prob forget all about it in a couple days. The next one will be larger and more kid proof. lol. I feel bad as well, in 20 some years of keeping reptiles I've never had an "accident". My pets live better than I do. I totally let him down.

Sent from my iPhone using TortForum mobile app
1. Sulcata baby
7. Assorted Ball Pythons
1. XL Savannah Monitor
1. Red Iguana

samsmom

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
CedarCreekLake, Texas
i've always believed things happen for a reason, most of the time we never realize what that reason is, it was just his time, God needed him more!

AnnV

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
SWFL
Sorry for your loss. I hope you can find a bigger tort replacement.

Ann from CT

Lilyloveslettuse

5 Year Member
Oregon
I wish I had seen this sooner! (Jessica's Grandma here) Years ago we adopted a Red Slider turtle with a broken shell and our vet told me to get some liquid Betadine at the pharmacy (like they wash you with before surgery) and pour some into the crack twice a day and they just make sure that it's habitat is clean at all times till the shell heals. It took awhile but did fill in and heal. We had that turtle for many years and it got as big as a plate!!!

lkwagner

5 Year Member
I don't think it passed from a cracked shell, unless that caused an infection. Internal damage was probably done, there could have been internal bleeding which slowly killed him or the swelling inside could have caused this. I am really sorry for your loss, where are you located? I have a 9-10in sulcata I'm trying to rehome but I live in MI.

Status
Not open for further replies.