Brainstorming Indoor Redfoot Table

Status
Not open for further replies.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Columbia, SC
So Rosie is in an underbed storage tub, but nearly every day I find her flipped over in an attempt to climb out. The lid is snapped on the tub so she can't climb out, but I fear she might get stuck upside down beneath the MVB one of these days and dehydrate too much!

Would a 4ft by 4ft by 2ft tall table be good sized for a yearling redfoot? Would it be good enough size for the next 2-3 years? I know everyone says to go bigger, but I do have other pets in the room and the living situation isn't permanent, so I can't have something that can't be moved out of the room.

I'd build the base out of plywood and either line with linoleum or pond liner. I was thinking of building a raised up "lid" with plastic over one half of it for a greenhouse effect, and the end with the MVB would have wire.

I'm planning on adding under-substrate heating cables as well as modifying a humidifier to keep up humidity since she's a redfoot.

Would having half of the top covered along with substrate rope and a humidifier keep the humidity up?

I plan on using cypress mulch/organic topsoil with sphagnum moss in a hiding area. I also want to plant it with tropical plants for shade/munching.

I don't have any pictures as of now, but will hopefully be able to take some as the building progresses. Any input/photos/ideas to help out would be much appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.