boy or girl leopard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lindy

10 Year Member!
also how much would you pay for this tortoise? owner said its 9 inches and around 10 years old. I never had a leopard before.

Attachments

• smallerl.jpg
    smallerl.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 146
  • leopard.jpg
    leopard.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 131

Macheteslaststep

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NJ
Pretty sure boy, although I have a boy who's anal scutes look like a girl's lol. So I'm sure it could happen the other way :p He's also pretty pyramided, so I don't know what a good price would be. And 9 inches at 10 yrs old? My one male is almost 9 inches at 6 years old :/

Saranna

lindy

10 Year Member!
ok so that didnt help some say girl some say boy. how old are they before you know for sure? I thought that the shell looked a bit pointy, but i only know about russians. I asked what it is being fed but hasnt replied yet. I asked if he could send a photo with a ruler and it didnt seem that big. so ill send more photos as i get them. IF you can tell me how much you would pay for it. that would be awesome.

Greg T

10 Year Member!
League City, TX
A tortoise is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. One that size is worth more since it is larger and could be of breeding age now. Small juvenile leopards in the 4-6" range can list from $250 to $500. This one is larger and I have seen them in the range of $600 to $900. The bad case of pyramiding will reduce value somewhat.

He could say it is worth $1000 but that doesn't mean anyone will pay that for it. Personally, I'd say anything around or under $500 is a good price. But I'm not going to pay high amounts like others may. See what he asks for it and let us know. :)

lindy

10 Year Member!
she is actually 7 and 3/4 long they have had her for two years. feeding mostly fruit and alfalfa pellets:( they want 250 for her. and it will take me two hours to see her. here is another photo of her. is it still a here if she is around 7-8 inches long?

Attachments

• 2010_0625Tortiemeasure0003.JPG
    2010_0625Tortiemeasure0003.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 64

oswego tort lover

10 Year Member!
oswego co. ny. u.s.a.
i've been hatching out leo's from 1994 on.it's a female 99.9% sure but only worth the asking price you are now offered .she may be able to be breed at a later time , but a male might have trouble mounting her.....ed

Status
Not open for further replies.