Box turtles digging nests

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
So Cal
Two of my boxies (an Eastern and Florida) are digging the first nests of the season. I'm very excited! I hope to have better results this year. :)

Attachments

• photo (52).JPG
    photo (52).JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 47
  • photo (54).JPG
    photo (54).JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 42

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
So Cal
turtlemann2 said:
Wonderful! will you be artificially incubating the eggs? congrats!

I usually let them stay in the ground, but since it's so early I am going to try to incubate them using the method suggested by supremelysteve. Wish me luck!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Looks like someone is busy.

Katherine

5 Year Member
Yay! We will have clutches due the same time, I leave most mine in the ground but brought some in yesterday because I am obsessed with their momma and wanted to make sure I had them marked. The box turtles all stay busy this time of year!!! Do yours dig dummy nests?

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
So Cal
katherine said:
Yay! We will have clutches due the same time, I leave most mine in the ground but brought some in yesterday because I am obsessed with their momma and wanted to make sure I had them marked. The box turtles all stay busy this time of year!!! Do yours dig dummy nests?

Yes, in fact the Eastern abandoned her nest tonight. This is the third nest she has abandoned in two days. The Florida is still going strong though. Maybe tomorrow for the Eastern.

Status
Not open for further replies.