Box turtle nailed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas, NV
That is horrible, I hope they catch the sick person that did that to the poor turtle..

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
The turtle was lucky, it sounds like it will survive. There's some wierd people in this world.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I was trying to give someone the benefit of the doubt, but try as I may, I can't think of any way to get a nail through two layers of shell material without human intervention.

Its gruesome to think about, but I'll bet "they" nailed him to something, but the nail wasn't quite long enough and the turtle eventually got away.

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
Awful, sick, horrible! I also hope this person is found and jailed. Don't most serial killer start with animals? What is wrong with people?

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
emysemys said:
I was trying to give someone the benefit of the doubt, but try as I may, I can't think of any way to get a nail through two layers of shell material without human intervention.

Its gruesome to think about, but I'll bet "they" nailed him to something, but the nail wasn't quite long enough and the turtle eventually got away.

My thinking, too...hope that sicko's Karma catches up with him soonest!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I was thinking some type of nail gun, I believe in an eye for an eye when they find the person(s) responsible nail them like they did the turtle.

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
Oh Terry, that just makes me sick.. Isn't that close to you?? Aren't the Hamptons a kinda fancy neighborhood?. What a nice yard. I would be so frightened to release him back there, but it's his home. Oh man what do you do?
Maybe pretend someone is taking him, and secretly release him back there?
Sad sad.
nay

Baoh

10 Year Member!
Florida
dmmj said:
I was thinking some type of nail gun, I believe in an eye for an eye when they find the person(s) responsible nail them like they did the turtle.

Must be done to scale.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Sorry Terry but I haven't been able to click on the thread. I'm afraid of what I'll see. :(

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Luckily, the nail missed the spine and all major internal organs. A vet removed the nail and sealed both shells with dental adhesive. They are offering a $1,000 reward to find the person that did this. They have him at the Wildlife Rescue Center of Hampton Bays, and I'm pretty sure they won't put him back in the yard that he was found. I've seen lots of rescues and deformed Box Turtles from poor husbandry, but I've never seen anything like this. To me a person like this is just as capable of hurting a child. I really hope them find him. I just wonder what other animals he's tortured that no one knows about.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
Baoh said:
dmmj said:

Must be done to scale.

Guess my 60# hunting bow and a target tipped shaft is about "scale"...it really makes me think anti-social thoughts when I see cruelty just for cruelty's sake. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.