Books about Red Foots

Arial

I would like to get some books to learn more about my new red footed tortoise. Does anyone know of any good books on red footed tortoises that they would recommend?ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1408920472.206032.jpg

turtlemanfla88

I would recommend these three Encyclopedia of Turtles by: DR. PeterPritchard.
Popular Tortoises by:philippe de Vosjoli.
The Turtles OF Venezuela by: Pritchard & Trebbau.
I go with the classics. Also, Turtles of The World by: Carl Ernest and Roger Barbour.
Keeping and Breeding Tortoises In Captivity by: Andy Highfield

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
New York
I'm a Mike Pingleton fan. I often refer new members interested in redfoot husbandry to the book Pfara has shown above. It's comprehensive, well organized, and easy to read. There is a lot of information in the book and it constantly relates back toward good husbandry.

pfara

10 Year Member!
Maryland
I'm a Mike Pingleton fan. I often refer new members interested in redfoot husbandry to the book Pfara has shown above. It's comprehensive, well organized, and easy to read. There is a lot of information in the book and it constantly relates back toward good husbandry.

Chris, you were the forum member I was referring to :D

Bryan

10 Year Member!
For basic stuff Mike's book is pretty good IMO. South American Tortoises is a very nice book as well although it has a lot more about Redfoots in their natural range and about the different variants of RF's. Personally I am not as big of a fan of the Ebenhack book in comparison to the other two.

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
New York
For basic stuff Mike's book is pretty good IMO. South American Tortoises is a very nice book as well although it has a lot more about Redfoots in their natural range and about the different variants of RF's. Personally I am not as big of a fan of the Ebenhack book in comparison to the other two.

Could not agree more with this. I also have Ebenback's book and I found it repetitive and vague for husbandry. Still a decent book but not what I was looking for as a beginner.