yellow/red foot books? any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rover15

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
ontario canada
i'm looking for some books to pick up for a couple reasons.

1. my kids like looking at the pictures
2. looking to gain more knowledge on red foots and yellow foots
3. good to have on hand for a reference

a while ago I remember someone mentioned a book I just don't remember what book or if it was in a thread or pm but I can't seem to find it so any and all suggestions would be great and if you have any books that you know of with old or bad info and think it is best to keep away from that would be helpful as well

Rover15

5 Year Member
ontario canada
How accurate are the books? So if I was to say buy a tortoise for my mother and said here is a book on care, would it hold up? Would it have enough knowledge to properly care for a red/yellow foot?

Not saying I would ever do this just curious because I have read many books from the library and care sheets online that either conflict with information I have found from knowledgeable owners or are just out of date.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
Ebenhack's book was printed in 2009, and has a lot of information on all aspects of their care that is up to date,as I remember it.

FLINTUS

5 Year Member
Watery Wiltshire in the UK
Rover15 said:
How accurate are the books? So if I was to say buy a tortoise for my mother and said here is a book on care, would it hold up? Would it have enough knowledge to properly care for a red/yellow foot?

Not saying I would ever do this just curious because I have read many books from the library and care sheets online that either conflict with information I have found from knowledgeable owners or are just out of date.
I wouldn't say the book I reccomended is 100% how I keep mine, but a new owner would be able to kee one happy and healthy with it.

Rover15

5 Year Member
ontario canada
Fair enough just want some books for light reading and so if I go camping this summer and have someone house sit the tortoises they have something to fall back on even if they forget everything I've told them. How ever I would have everything on timers and all that would need to be done is to feed them. I feel it is always good to have some handy info on hand

Tropical Torts

10 Year Member!
Northwest FL
Both books previously mentioned are great. For someone who knows very little about redfoots, I would go with the Redfoot Manual by Mike Pingleton.

I have enjoyed both books and still reference them every once in a while.

Geochelone_Carbonaria

10 Year Member!
Southern part of Sweden
My two favourite RF books are Pingleton's "Redfoot Manual" and Vinke/Vetter's "Chelonian Library 3 South American Tortoises. Chelonoidis carbonaria, C. denticulata and C. chilensis". Then there seem to be a brand new book on the market that I still haven't ordered yet, by Ebenhack called "Redfoots in Captivity". Has anybody read that one ?

I'll attach some photos

book1.jpg book2.jpg book3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Rover15

5 Year Member
ontario canada
Geochelone_Carbonaria said:
My two favourite RF books are Pingleton's "Redfoot Manual" and Vinke/Vetter's "Chelonian Library 3 South American Tortoises. Chelonoidis carbonaria, C. denticulata and C. chilensis". Then there seem to be a brand new book on the market that I still haven't ordered yet, by Ebenhack called "Redfoots in Captivity". Has anybody read that one ?

I'll attach some photos

Ty I'll have to check amazon for them looks great thank ty everyone for th heelp

Status
Not open for further replies.