Bob's boo boo

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Maggie Cummings

I just now went out to lock Bob up for the night and after I mopped all the poop off the floor and swept the hay back into the hay pile, I closed the doggie door and shined the flash light into his sleeping box just to make sure he was actually in there before I locked the door and look at what was glaring back at me. I can't imagine how he did that. There's blood drops around, but not much. Now I am trying to figure out if he actually pulled off a spur or what. That part of his foot doesn't touch the floor when he's walking. I'm going to look really close in the back of his sleeping box tomorrow for a nail sticking out as I do have nails holding down his pig blanket. Also he as ants up his butt...
Anybody have any ideas about this wound? Guess I'll have to deal with the ants tomorrow too...

30mb8d4.jpg

k3412u.jpg

You should have seen him freak out when I poured Hydrogen Peroxide on it. He jumped and kept jerking his leg back and forth...Come on Bob...I know it doesn't hurt that much! But I would like to know if the spur is gone...and the tissue is just swollen???

espzwm.jpg

10rjvpg.jpg

This is how you can tell when your Sulcata has been drinking out of the water bowl...

255q43m.jpg

zu1u2q.jpg

Tiny pix was hard to use just now. It really didn't want to post the pictures. But it did finally any ideas on this wound?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
OUCH poor Bob:( but in his defense. The peroxide does hurt. I had a rabbit once and had to put peroxide on it and he screamed terribly. I quickly washed it off with water. The worse sound I ever heard. I hope the ants won't bother it, do you think? I hope it heals quick for the both of you. I can't help you though on how to take care of it. Hopefully others will. Good luck.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Looks like his toe nail came off. I had this happen years back, the nail regrew and looks like new!

DixieParadise

5 Year Member
Georgetown, TX
I was thinking samething...toenail or claw. Whatever they are called. Poor Bob, non-the-less. I would wash it with betadine...or brown soap as my nephew calls it.

Livingstone

10 Year Member!
Richmond, Va
You did the right thing, clean it up, and put some triple antibiotic ointment on it. For the ants, diomatacious(sp) earth will keep them out. If they really are up his butt, then maybe bath time is in order.

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
Poor BOB! Hurts like hell when I loose a nail and in makes me flinch just thinking about pouring Peroxcide over the missing nail! Hope he feels better!

ANTS! arrrrggggggggg! bet those are worse than hemroids!;)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Maggie: What you see there is the "quick" that was down inside the spur. Its probably pretty tender. Look for any little splits in the wood that might catch a spur. I doubt a nail would do this. He got the spur caught in something and ripped it off. It may have even happened when he was outside. Just keep some NeoSporin globbed on it. It should be ok and less tender after a day or so.

M

Maggie Cummings

Thanks for the advice everyone...I wish I could see how it happened. I don't think he even went outside yesterday...So I will look around in his shed for something that could have done this...I feel so bad for him!!!

lisalove

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Poor Bob:(
I was watching Nodder eat once and as he was helping his food into his mouth with his legs, he bit a spur off.
His was a little higher up, but looked similar ( in a much smaller form-Nodder is 6 inches)!
They can bite tremendously hard when they want to.
Just a thought.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
it almost looks blistery...
Id put some triple antibiotic cream on that.. and try to keep it clean.. HA clean and Bob.. well,,, so the best you can!

Jacob

5 Year Member
California
Poor bob, ouch that looks like it hurts.
hes in great hands :)

dustee35

10 Year Member!
Poooooor Bob! What as owie! I hope he feels better soon and do the neosporin on it to keep it as clean as possible. :D

Honey

5 Year Member
Springfield, MO
:( Poor Bob!!

Even with the boo-boo, he still looks super happy... he knows he's in good hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.