Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
When sulcatas leave a fresh, wet pile, it smells similar to a fresh pile of horse poo. After a few minutes the surface dries out and then there is really no smell at all unless you put your nose right up to it. (Picture THAT visual :)) When I scrape out the night boxes or spot clean the yard, I'll get a slight whiff of it, but its not strong.

Kimber, now that you mention it, I have also noticed that sometimes leopard poo is a bit more stinky. Wonder why that is... Lower grass content? My leopard poo is much more pungent than my similarly sized sulcata poops.

... and Maggie... that IS a fine poo specimen! May I post pics of my torts poo here for comparison?

M

Maggie Cummings

Tom said:
When sulcatas leave a fresh, wet pile, it smells similar to a fresh pile of horse poo. After a few minutes the surface dries out and then there is really no smell at all unless you put your nose right up to it. (Picture THAT visual :)) When I scrape out the night boxes or spot clean the yard, I'll get a slight whiff of it, but its not strong.

Kimber, now that you mention it, I have also noticed that sometimes leopard poo is a bit more stinky. Wonder why that is... Lower grass content? My leopard poo is much more pungent than my similarly sized sulcata poops.

... and Maggie... that IS a fine poo specimen! May I post pics of my torts poo here for comparison?

Of course you can!!!

jojodesca

5 Year Member
Bay Area
I seriously can not believe I just read thru 2 pages about tortoise poop...where is the "like" button on this thread..hahaha

ripper7777777

10 Year Member!
Houston
So if that is normal adult sulcata poop, would that explain why it seems to be built into little tortoises to run after poo to eat it.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I think bob needs to chew his food better/more.

Status
Not open for further replies.