Bob poop

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Maggie Cummings

I know I have posted several pictures of Bob poop, but I just had to make a thread about this poop. For all you Sulcata keepers out there, be ye big or small this Bob poop is almost perfection. You can tell he's on a good diet because there's all that hay visible and no evidence of urates which usually come out with the poop. So here is the best poop I have seen in quite a while, it should fall apart easily and this did. The turd is a good cigar shape, and I am so proud of my Bob...:)

5d5pb4.jpg

25frn9h.jpg

This is the most perfect poop ever pooped!
6fte6p.jpg

b5jllt.jpg

1zb777n.jpg

Your Sulcata poop should look just like that if he is being fed a good healthy diet with hay being the biggest part of it. There is no oder either. Bob is 14 years old and weighs 110 now.
You know I'm bored when I am out playing with Sulcata poop making it fall apart.

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
So Cal
Love it! I'm still getting used to the size of my leopard tortoises' poop! It's huge compared to my DTs! It also stinks bad (sort of like a pig pen.) So you're saying if they are getting a good diet, it shouldn't smell at all? (My other tortoises' poops don't smell at all.)

M

Maggie Cummings

kimber_lee_314 said:
Love it! I'm still getting used to the size of my leopard tortoises' poop! It's huge compared to my DTs! It also stinks bad (sort of like a pig pen.) So you're saying if they are getting a good diet, it shouldn't smell at all? (My other tortoises' poops don't smell at all.)

I'm just sayin Bob's poop don't stink...:p

mary t

5 Year Member
Lakeland, florida
Do you have any other animals that maybe covering up the smell, because I am quiet proud of the health diet I have gotten Willie on he had done leaps and bounds since I got him 3 months ago but my backyard does sometimes smell a little like a farm..a kinda stinky one. Willie is only six years old and his poop doesnt look that big but man does it occasionally smell, especially when my wiener dog gets the idea to roll in it and run threw the house... It's lovely!

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
So Cal
mary t said:
Do you have any other animals that maybe covering up the smell, because I am quiet proud of the health diet I have gotten Willie on he had done leaps and bounds since I got him 3 months ago but my backyard does sometimes smell a little like a farm..a kinda stinky one. Willie is only six years old and his poop doesnt look that big but man does it occasionally smell, especially when my wiener dog gets the idea to roll in it and run threw the house... It's lovely!

My cats are the culprits here - they roll in it, then come jump into my bed!!!!

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
That looks alike like WalkingRocks during the Summer. His dont smell to bad either...till I hit a couple with the Lawn Mower...

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
maggie3fan said:
You know I'm bored a TORTOISE MANIAC when I am out playing with Sulcata poop making it fall apart.

:p FTFY

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Its usually the pee that has the strong smell, not the poop.

Paddi

5 Year Member
WALSH'S poo looks like that, it smells like horse poo my husband and daughter likes the smell of horse poo.

Brittany6

5 Year Member
Ok hahahahaha Bobs poop don't stink and you said turd!!! I'm like a 12yo laughing right now!

BrinnANDTorts

5 Year Member
AWESOME! Thats what all my babies poo looks like but on a much much much much much much much MUCH smaller scale lol
Thanks for posting this! Great info, you can tell a lot from poo

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
How much time do us newer tort owners have before we spend our time talking poop, tearing through poop and sniffing poop? I am a little scared:(. Okay, seriously, it is a good visual to compare to. WOW, the things we will talk about, cracks me up sometimes. But where else could we talk tortoise poop:D

Missy

5 Year Member
Illinois
Ok so I look at all threads with Bobs name on it but I do expect to see the King, LOL. I guess Im doing something right cause Lana and Tanks poo looks pretty good, wow that just sounds wrong :)

SulcataSquirt

5 Year Member
Missouri
hahaha i always love bob poop updates for some reason! Hey Maggie, what kinda of hay is that? also what different kinds are you feeding him??

M

Maggie Cummings

SulcataSquirt said:
hahaha i always love bob poop updates for some reason! Hey Maggie, what kinda of hay is that? also what different kinds are you feeding him??

The feed store charges me $2 a bag and I generally get 2 bags. For my 2 bucks I get to go scrape whatever hay I can get that's not baled. I mostly try to get our locally grown grass hay but sometimes that's all gone and I have to get other stuff. I try to avoid alfalfa because it's so stemmy. But I squish about half a bale into my 2 bags. I buy the biggest bags I can find. I get to go to the place where they have dropped the baled hay and the bales have broken open. I get hay all over me and I seriously try not to get it in my IROC. Bob eats hay pretty good as you can see from his poop. So to answer your question I really don't know what any kind but alfalfa looks like. Bob eats almost a bale thru winter and not much when he's grazing in the summer...

Weda737

5 Year Member
NC
I get a slight whiff of cow poop sometimes, for the most part odorless though.

Status
Not open for further replies.