Bladder stone!?!?

Ben02

Location (City and/or State)
Brighton, Southcoast, UK
Today when I was shifting the soil in Selma’s enclosure I found a small crystal like stone. I’m a bit worried whether or not it’s a bladder stone.

I bathe daily for 30 mins at the minimum and do my old “Mazuri in the water bowl trick” to force them to drink twice a week.

He’s otherwise acting fine, eating, drinking, pooping and peeing soft urates.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Ben

3EBD8DF0-5C34-429A-A85A-4F0A40374B4F.jpeg BE25908A-CD0F-4062-9B25-6589E6BD5249.jpeg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm not sure that came from your tortoise. Tortoise bladder stones don't look crystaline:

image.jpg

But just to be on the safe side, up your soaking schedule and maybe even offer juicy foods for a while (cucumber, aloe, cactus, etc.)

Ben02

Brighton, Southcoast, UK
I'm not sure that came from your tortoise. Tortoise bladder stones don't look crystaline:

image.jpg

But just to be on the safe side, up your soaking schedule and maybe even offer juicy foods for a while (cucumber, aloe, cactus, etc.)
I’ll shall definitely up my soaking schedule and I’ve got some Aloe and cactus in hand. I’m scratching my head to where this came from. It almost resembles a crystal you could purchase or something. Thank you Yvonne!