Billie checking out the new digs

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Hi Sue, nice enclosure! Do you plan to put a layer or two of stone walling or something along the bottom so your tort can't see through the lower part of the fence grates?

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
Wow, nice and big! I like that lovely forest area! Probably seems really big to him :D Yes, the weeds are good ides.. Hard to tell, but is your tort smaller than the openings of the fencing? Kind of silly :p

SChromik

Edmonton Ab Canada
Wow, nice and big! I like that lovely forest area! Probably seems really big to him :D Yes, the weeds are good ides.. Hard to tell, but is your tort smaller than the openings of the fencing? Kind of silly :p
No Billie cannot get through the bars. We are going to put an edging along the bottom though just to make her feel more secure. I ordered forest tort seed on line so I can put a couple of planter flats at the back end of the enclosure. We are still figuring out some kind of covering. She will not be out much with out us there but have to be safe. When she gets bigger we will add more fence sections to the back and front moving the left side over. Will give her about 5 more feet in width.

SChromik

Edmonton Ab Canada
They can eat Boston fern and spider plant. Most other types of ferns are not good. I am also sprouting cat grass and lettuces as well as some other seeds for her