big and simple indoor enclosure idea

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Wow. I like that. I like its up off the ground. I'm not fond of the blue color though. Do you know how much it costs? And of course, since its in another country, there would be pretty expensive shipping costs.

WillTort2

5 Year Member
Wow, looks ideal for a Russian tortoise. It would very easy to build a second story with a ramp. Like Yvonne stated, the fact that it's slightly raised allows the substrate to stay warmer because it avoids direct transfer of heat from the bin to the floor.

At least the blue doesn't look like food.

gtc

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Norway
Yvonne G said:
Wow. I like that. I like its up off the ground. I'm not fond of the blue color though. Do you know how much it costs? And of course, since its in another country, there would be pretty expensive shipping costs.

I see it comes in gray too. There should be many companies that produce plastic containers and offer similar products in the USA. I really like this kind of solution for enclosures since plastic never molds and is 100% waterproof. I have been considering building a wood frame around it on the outside just to make it nicer to look at.