Best tortoise for me?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
I would suggest a rat. Like little dogs but if you have 2, they keep each other company when u r busy.

They can survive in smaller quarters, eat anything, and can live in a wide range of temperatures without added heat or light.

Great suggestion.

I've had pet rats most of my life. "Clean like a cat. Friendly like a dog."

Leonie Morrison

Hello all I live in Virginia and would like to get a primarily indoor tortoise. I have been looking online but can't seem to find the best fit for me. I am looking for a small, 5 inches or less, adult tortoise that loves to play when you want to but doesn't need constant attention. I was going to get a hermit crab heating pad for it instead of a light because the lights radiate a lot of heat and I want to keep my a/c bills life is this ok? I also don't want to have to deal with water so I don't want a turtle. Also I want one easy to take care of, aka a beginner tortoise.
All help will be much appreciated! Thanks!

I'd recommend a horse field/russian tortoise. They don't get very big and you don't need an outdoor pen, as long as on hot days you would be able to sit outside with it while it plays about, occasionally.
I hope you find the tortoise you're looking for and have fun with it! :<3:

BrianWI

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Wisconsin
Great suggestion.

I've had pet rats most of my life. "Clean like a cat. Friendly like a dog."

They are extremely under-rated as pets. And really really fun. If you get time, look up the trained rat videos on Youtube. Worth the watch. Their only downfall is many live a relatively short life.

Reactions: Rue