Best scavanger for aquaruim?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattgrizzlybear

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
NE Ohio
What would be the best snail for eating uneaten food and alage? I also read that trapdoor snails, is possible for a leg to get stuck. Also what about frog and toad tadpoles. I got some ramshorn but they got eaten! I wanted somthing tough so they might not get eaten. Thanks!

turtletania

5 Year Member
I don't know if you can get these where you are, but these are fantastic. I have thousands in my various tanks for the RES and Malayan Boxes and they never touch them.

freshwater snails (Melanoides tuberculata)
z1laq.jpg

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Just a fore warning just about anything you put in there will be considered a potential food source.

mattgrizzlybear

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
I am not sure. I have this place called trickers. It is historical, and it has a website. tricker.com it is a really cool place! it has the whole list of scavangers that i may get.

what about regular garden snails?

turtletania

5 Year Member
Mine eat the garden snails..... but remember I have Red Eared sliders and Malayan Box turtles. I have tried: fish - eaten, garden snails - eaten, sucker fish - eaten, and many other things. These are the only ones they dont eat. Maybe other species would consider them food. Or maybe I have just been lucky.

mattgrizzlybear

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
How about any of the ones on my link to tricker. I can get any of them from there.

turtletania

5 Year Member
Melantho Snails - are the closest looking to the ones we have..... but I don't know anything about them.

mattgrizzlybear

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
Okay thanks. I wanted to get 2 types like the meltheno and maybe either mystery or frog tadpoles. What about frog tadpoles?

Status
Not open for further replies.