Got myself 2 snails and a clam

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattgrizzlybear

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
NE Ohio
I finally got some snails to help with my alage problem. Also I got a clam, not quites sure what they do. Dont they like filter out the water or somthing? They are ramhorn snails and are eating the scraps left behind from the turtles, under some rocks too. They are really helpful and cool looking. I love them!

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
I didn't even add the stupid things on purpose and now have about 500+ of the stupid frickin things in my tank... or at least I assume. I can see about 150 but know that means there are more in there -_-

mattgrizzlybear

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
Ha! Hopefully I will only have 2! Wow 500+ thats a lot! I think I will get more but only like 1 or 2 more.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Ha, ha if you figure on keeping only two to four snails and them not producing hundreds more, let the world know how you did it:p:D Snails seem to drop from the sky if you have fresh water anything

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
I didn't even add them, they were plant hitchhikers!! Most of them are so tiny though that my betta, Fae, gets nice and fat off of 'em. He's a funny little guy, never had a betta that likes snails before but Fae LOVES them. He also gets fat off of endler fry, which part of me wants to take him out because he's eating my "merchandise" but then part of me realizes that I would have more endlers than snails if I let them breed freely :p

And just for the record, the snails didn't do much for the algae -_- best thing I've ever used them for was puffer fish food.

mattgrizzlybear

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
They are eating some alage of my rocks but mainly some old food that didn't get eaten or sucked into the filter. Ha lol at least you got them for free!

Status
Not open for further replies.