Besides SCL Measurements

newCH

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
So.FL
Hey everyone,
My little Sheldon has been growing good & has doubled his weight since I got him in November. I measure & weigh him about once a month. But now other people tell me they can see he's grown and I think thats because his dome has grown. So I decided to start measuring his "waist" if you will...... his mid-shell girth !
I was just wondering if anyone else measures their tort other ways besides SCL.

lismar79

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
I have seen where people trace around their torts and keep track that way, wish I would have done that from the start.!

newCH

5 Year Member
So.FL
I have seen where people trace around their torts and keep track that way, wish I would have done that from the start.!
Oh, that sounds cool ! It's a shame Sheldon just put himself to bed. We will try that in the am !

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
I measure Tidgy's SCL but also her girth around her highest point and her plastron width, using a soft tailor's tape measure.
I do this on the 1st of each month.
It's a little haphazard but gives a good general idea and she doesn't mind if she's in a good mood and i'm quick.

Blkjkoknhrt

Good ideas, gang! I'm a bit of a clinician, so I'll add some of these measurements - I especially love the tracing measurement!

Attachments

• IMG_1183.JPG
    IMG_1183.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 14