Bell peppers

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Yes indeedy! Plumb full of vitamin C. Seeds, stems and all. It's considered a fruit, so the occasional feeding is just fine.

HLogic

5 Year Member
Florida, USA
I remove completely bad areas before feeding. A bruise or small brown spot is not a problem.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I've got a produce friend that tosses out lots of spoiling stuff. Last week I saw dozens of decent looking bell peppers.
I got some partially dark mini bananas from him. They got chomped in ten minutes time.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
So is ok or not ok?
Awe… Whatsa matter? Does "Captain Knowledge" need to hep you with reading comprehension? 3 people said it was fine to feed in small amounts once in a while. Did you not like those three people? Perhaps when you ask a question you can ask the person whose advice you respect in a private message so that the rest of us don't try to help you and offend your sensitivities.

rush2112

Daytona Florida
Awe… Whatsa matter? Does "Captain Knowledge" need to hep you with reading comprehension? 3 people said it was fine to feed in small amounts once in a while. Did you not like those three people? Perhaps when you ask a question you can ask the person whose advice you respect in a private message so that the rest of us don't try to help you and offend your sensitivities.
Do I need to show you the chart from this forum that one of you enlightened ones sent that says not to feed them peppers? Clarification of competing OPINIONS should be easy.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Do I need to show you the chart from this forum that one of you enlightened ones sent that says not to feed them peppers? Clarification of competing OPINIONS should be easy.
Different rules for different species apply here.
In the case of Redfoot, it's on the menu.
But it should not be fed regularly to even them.