Before Mazuri

MarginatedMooney

Location (City and/or State)
Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina USA
We already had a hibiscus plant before we had our tortoise. So, I knew it would be safe for him.
Phil had his first taste of hibiscus recently and he absolutely loved it and would not stop eating it lol.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1625184009032.jpg
    FB_IMG_1625184009032.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 11
  • FB_IMG_1625184016183.jpg
    FB_IMG_1625184016183.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 12

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
We already had a hibiscus plant before we had our tortoise. So, I knew it would be safe for him.
Phil had his first taste of hibiscus recently and he absolutely loved it and would not stop eating it lol.
Oh my god the flower is 5 times as big as him! ? I wish I had a donut 5 times as big as me, your living the dream Fred!

MichaelL

5 Year Member
Ocala, Fl
I've had lazy days when I just ripped off an entire branch of one of my hibiscus bushes and tossed it in the pen.
They eat the leaves, the flowers and some of the bark, too.
It's such an excellent stand by food staple!
I've always been jealous of the people who had tortoises that actually ate and loved hibiscus leaves lol. My adult russians LOVE the flowers, but never will eat the leaves. And I have huge, 8 foot tall bushes of hibiscus. The leaves would be such a good addition and staple, right now their main staple is mulberry leaves. However, I'm super glad because my new baby loves hibiscus leaves! So that's great.