Bedtime!

Rutibegga

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Philadelphia, PA
Does anyone else's tort have a very specific bedtime? Our guy puts himself to bed at 6:30 every night without fail. I typically get him soaking by 6 AM, breakfast at about 6:30, so I guess that makes sense.

He seems to nap after breakfast until 11 or 12, explore for a short while, nap more, then get really active between 3 and 6 PM. Not that I'm obsessed or anything. And I'm definitely not considering a tortoise cam so I can watch him from my office. No. That would be crazy.

Attachments

• 1440631220315.jpg
    1440631220315.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 16

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Haha, not so crazy, other members have done it. Why not? My torts, the leopards, when outside will come to their door at 5:00 to see if I have opened it. They hang around it until I do (I close it or they would stay inside to long). Then when I open it, any were between 5-6 they usually go to their night spot inside the shed and that's where they seem to stay. Now that they are all seperated, the one that gets the enclosure closet to the shed, with the door, will still check the door at 5:00, give or take a bit and hang around it. The others I have to carry them in, so they don't really get a choice of trying to alert me, by staying at the door. Of course not every single day, but more often then not.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Bedtime about 8.30 for Tidgy.
Up at about 9 in the morning, drink, food, toilet, walk then outdoors, back in for lunch, sleep, wake up and go outside about 4pm, come back in at 6, drink, eat, toilet, check territory, go to bed.

Speedy-1

St. David Arizona
I turn Speedys light on at 7 am he comes out of his hide, or wherever he decided to dig a hole to sleep in, about 15 minutes later or so. Next he gets his morning soak , for 1 hour ,then he goes back in his tank to munch some breakfast . Now he goes outside for 2 hours. Then he comes back in and eats , strolls around his tank , makes sure to cruise through his water dish and dirty it up so he gets fresh water ! :D Around 6 pm or so he starts deciding where he wants to sleep , and settles in . his light goes off at 7 pm .

immiexxo

UK
My little tort always sleeps between 6pm and 7pm every day! Xx