bedding help!!!

annie17

Location (City and/or State)
england
Was wondering if anyone could help and tell me the perfect bedding to use for my tortoise pumpkin he is a ibera greek tortoise & i want to know the perfect set up for him to have! this is currently how his home looks, currently am using a bulb that gives off some heat but not enough as id like but am getting that tomorrow, he also uses rabbit pellet things atm with hay, i know this isn’t ideal but only had him a month! he loves to bury down so i was wondering what would be good to use in his house so he can do that? have attached a picture of his current home, thank you! btw he is around 25 so an adult tortoise !

IMG_6183.jpgIMG_6201.jpg

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Greetings..

This is right from the Greek Care Sheet found here on the Forum

Substrate
The best possible substrates for housing Greek tortoises indoors are a 50/50 mix of top soil and play sand, cypress mulch and aspen wood shavings. When using aspen it is very important to make sure the tortoises stay hydrated because it tends to be very dry. Rabbit pellets will suffice but do not hold humidity well and mold will grow quickly in soiled areas. Cedar and pine bedding are an absolute...

Navigate over to the Care sheet for lots more info!

annie17

england
Greetings..

This is right from the Greek Care Sheet found here on the Forum

Substrate
The best possible substrates for housing Greek tortoises indoors are a 50/50 mix of top soil and play sand, cypress mulch and aspen wood shavings. When using aspen it is very important to make sure the tortoises stay hydrated because it tends to be very dry. Rabbit pellets will suffice but do not hold humidity well and mold will grow quickly in soiled areas. Cedar and pine bedding are an absolute...

Navigate over to the Care sheet for lots more info!

thank you !!!