Beak clicking on a Red Foot Picky Eater

KASEN_

Location (City and/or State)
Roscommon, MI
So, I have read most posts regarding beak clicking when eating. My Red Foot, Caspian, is already a picky eater. He is VERY picky and has been since he was a yearling. Recently, he's stopped eating as much as he used to and has been clicking his beak. I have tried most of the suggested tricks (cuttle bone, slate feeding tray, and even sweet potato), and none have worked. He won't touch cuttlebones, sweet potato, or eat off the slate. It doesn't look like his beak is overgrown, but he's been working on it himself (ALL NIGHT LONG). I have even tried the ZooMed Banquet Block (which he didn't like when he was smaller but I figured it would be worth the try).

His normal diet consists of moistened Mazuri occasionally mixed with Fluker's Buffet Blend, and Herbal Hay (https://www.tortoisesupply.com/HerbalHay). He gets mixed greens and an occasional banana or cantaloupe with calcium powder in every meal.

What else can I try? I am a little nervous of hurting him by trying to trim his beak myself and I don't know if his loss of appetite is because of his beak or not. I am more than open to suggestions if anyone has ideas of what else to try.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
So, I have read most posts regarding beak clicking when eating. My Red Foot, Caspian, is already a picky eater. He is VERY picky and has been since he was a yearling. Recently, he's stopped eating as much as he used to and has been clicking his beak. I have tried most of the suggested tricks (cuttle bone, slate feeding tray, and even sweet potato), and none have worked. He won't touch cuttlebones, sweet potato, or eat off the slate. It doesn't look like his beak is overgrown, but he's been working on it himself (ALL NIGHT LONG). I have even tried the ZooMed Banquet Block (which he didn't like when he was smaller but I figured it would be worth the try).

His normal diet consists of moistened Mazuri occasionally mixed with Fluker's Buffet Blend, and Herbal Hay (https://www.tortoisesupply.com/HerbalHay). He gets mixed greens and an occasional banana or cantaloupe with calcium powder in every meal.

What else can I try? I am a little nervous of hurting him by trying to trim his beak myself and I don't know if his loss of appetite is because of his beak or not. I am more than open to suggestions if anyone has ideas of what else to try.

He probably doesn't need most of that calcium powder and the hay is 100% unnecessary.
Can you photograph his mouth for us?
Does he only "click" when eating?