Batmans new pen

nikkidphoto

ImageUploadedByTortForum1396477042.740888.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1396477054.889725.jpg

Any advice on changes or additions? This will be an indoor/outdoor pen til he's big enough to go into the outside garden.

0.0.1 red foot tort "batman"
3.2.0 ball pythons
1.1.0 cats
3.2.0 human children

Last edited by a moderator:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
The coil type bulb are bad for tortoises eyes, please get rid of it. Also, RF need high humidity to grow smooth. Yet, the top layer of substrate should remain dry. An open airy enclosure like that will not keep in much humidity.

Wartortle

Southern California (Simi Valley)
Agreed. Lose the bulb and add a closed top to the enclosure. S/he doesn't need the bars cuz height isn't an issue for small torts. Use plexi glass or something to cover the enclosure and use an actual heating bulb to provide the right temps throughout the table.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Add plants.. Lots and lots of plants. He will enjoy his enclosure much more if it looks like a garden!...instead of a dirt box ;)

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
New York
I like closed chambers for retaining heat and humidity. I have two linked in my signature below along with some tricks for upping humidity. Redfoots need high humidity for health and good shell growth. Unless you live in a very humid climate, the openness of that enclosure will likely be too dry, especially if you run AC in the house during the summer months.

Ashes

5 Year Member
Iowa
Redstrike said:
I like closed chambers for retaining heat and humidity. I have two linked in my signature below along with some tricks for upping humidity. Redfoots need high humidity for health and good shell growth. Unless you live in a very humid climate, the openness of that enclosure will likely be too dry, especially if you run AC in the house during the summer months.

I don't see any links? :(

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
The hose that comes with the reptifoggers...where can I get some of that hose? Anyone know? I'm going to need some.

Elohi(Earth)[TURTLE]

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
New York
littledude said:
Redstrike said:

They are the two that are at the base of every post I make, right under my name.

Ashes

5 Year Member
Iowa
Redstrike said:
littledude said:
Redstrike said:

They are the two that are at the base of every post I make, right under my name.

Oh, I'm on the mobile app version of the forum - doesn't show signatures. If I click on web view I can see them. Sorry, I didn't realize that difference. Thanks!!