Bath time how's my shell look

wrdme2

So we got elvis a couple weeks ago from the dreded petsmart boy have we learned tons from y'all does his shell look ok its not shiney looks dry we have a mvb in his inside home due to the crumby weather on for 12hrs calcium twice a week and a 30 min soak 3 times a week any suggestions please help

Attachments

• 1463961366157.jpg
    1463961366157.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 40
  • 1463961382510.jpg
    1463961382510.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 38

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
So we got elvis a couple weeks ago from the dreded petsmart boy have we learned tons from y'all does his shell look ok its not shiney looks dry we have a mvb in his inside home due to the crumby weather on for 12hrs calcium twice a week and a 30 min soak 3 times a week any suggestions please help

Tortoise are not natural shiny...most of the time here on the forum someone will clean/shine/wet the shell of the tortoise prior to pics....a tortoise in the wild will rarely have a juicy luscious wet / moist looking shell....and that tortoise shell looks great....all that you outlined here sounds good and cute tortoise..

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I agree with what ascott said. The shiny shelled pics fooled me too when I first joined. Your tort is one of the better looking ones from a pet store chain.

wrdme2

Thanks he's got some dings and "pits" I guess from pet store life I just wanna git him the best we can so any input is appreciated

wrdme2

Also gave Elvis a extra long soak like 45 minutes is it normal for him to poo like 5 times he'd poo I'd change the water and he made it a game

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Also gave Elvis a extra long soak like 45 minutes is it normal for him to poo like 5 times he'd poo I'd change the water and he made it a game
Perfectly normal. The quantity of poop that can come out seems completely disproportionate to the size of the tort :D

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Thanks he's got some dings and "pits" I guess from pet store life I just wanna git him the best we can so any input is appreciated

He likely was once wild and caught and sold off and ended up as a pet store tortoise....it is commonplace for wild torts to have life character that shows on their shell.....